Florida

Medicare Supplement
Insurance Broker

Call Now
561-935-3907

             Florida Medicare Coverage of Radiation Therapy

Florida Medicare Radiation Therapy Services

 

Medicare Part A covers radiation therapy provided to a hospital inpatient.

Medicare Part B covers radiation therapy provided to an outpatient in a hospital outpatient department or in a freestanding clinic or radiation treatment facility.

If radiation therapy is provided to a hospital inpatient, the cost becomes part of the overall hospital bill, which Medicare Part A pays according to the usual structure that requires a payment of a deductible, and coinsurance amounts for longer stays. Medicare Supplement plans can offset these gaps in coverage.

If radiation therapy is provided to an outpatient at a freestanding clinic or radiation treatment facility, Medicare Part B pays 80 percent of the Medicare-approved amount for the treatment. A Medicare Supplement would pay the other 20 percent.

If radiation therapy is provided at a hospital outpatient department, Medicare Part B pays the full Medicare-approved amount for the treatment, except for a patient co-payment or co-insurance

.Regardless of the rules regarding any particular type of care, in order for Medicare Part A, Medicare Part B, or a Medicare Part C (Advantage) plan to provide coverage, the care must meet two basic requirements:

  • The care must be "medically necessary." This means that it must be ordered or prescribed by a licensed physician or other authorized medical provider, and that Medicare (or a Medicare Part C plan) agrees that the care is necessary and proper.
  • The care must be performed or delivered by a healthcare provider who participates in Medicare.
Call Now For Your Free
Florida

Medicare Supplement Insurance Consultation

561-935-3907

Medicare Supplement
made easy

GET STARTED TODAY

Fill out the following form to schedule an insurance consultation
Fields marked with * are required
Captcha ImageReload image challenge
INFORMATION
CENTER
Here you will find important documents and information about supplemental insurance
TESTIMONIALS
Hear what our customers have to say
Neil Primack helped me navigate the Medicare maze. He is very knowledgeable and we quickly found insurance that was just what I was looking for. I would recommend Neil to friends needing help.
Jodie S. Buerk
Neil Primack certainly deserves a five star rating. He clarified the Medicare supplement choices and lessened the many concerns that I had in choosing a new policy. Neil was considerate, kind, and immediately available.
Ruth Newman
Neil was extremely helpful with the application process and suggesting appropriate plans. I would recommend him to anyone looking for Medicare supplemental insurance.
Kathy Robinson