Florida Medicare Supplement Plan A Insurance Broker
When you work with the Medicare Supplement Insurance Exchange, you’re both selecting a Medicare supplement health plan - as well as getting an experienced Florida Medicare Supplement Plan A insurance consultant that will guide you through every step of the process, providing all the answers and support you will need along the way.
Basic Medicare Benefits - Hospitalization: Part A Coinsurance plus an additional 365 days of coverage after Medicare benefits are exhausted. Medical Expenses: Part B Coinsurance (80% of Medicare approved expenses), 3 pints of blood.
Plan A Covers all Basic Benefits except for the Hospital Benefit Period Deductible of $1,316. Hospital Services are covered Per 60 Day Benefit Period. In other words, if you’re admitted to the hospital, you will owe the $1,316 deductible. If you are discharged from the hospital and 60 days later admitted again, you will owe another $1,316.
Plan A covers the first 20 days in a Skilled Nursing Facility. To have this service covered, you must meet Medicare’s requirement of having been in the hospital for at least 3 days and entered into a Medicare approved facility within 30 days after leaving the hospital.
Plan A covers Hospice Care and you must meet Medicare’s requirements, including a doctor’s certification of terminal illness.
Plan A covers 100% of all doctor bills both in and out of the hospital as well as all out-patient medical and surgical services and supplies, physical ; and speech therapy, diagnostic tests, durable medical equipment; all subject to the Part B deductible of $183 per year.
Plan A covers 100% of Medically necessary skilled care and supplies and durable medical equipment within the Home Health Care category; all subject to the $183 deductible per year.
Medicare Part A helps you pay for the following:
- Florida inpatient hospital care for up to 90 days each benefit period, plus 60 lifetime reserve days in a general hospital. It also covers up to 190 lifetime days in a Medicare-certified specialty psychiatric hospital.
- Florida skilled nursing facility (SNF) care for up to 100 days each benefit period. To qualify, you must have been in the hospital for at least three consecutive days in the 30 days before admission and need skilled nursing services seven days a week, or physical, occupational or speech therapy services five days a week.
- Florida home health care for up to 100 days. To qualify, you must have been in the hospital for at least three days in the 14 days before receiving care and be home bound. (Note: You can get coverage for Florida home health care without a hospital stay through Medicare Part B.)
- Florida hospice care for as long as your doctor certifies you need care. To qualify, a doctor must certify that you are terminally ill and have a life expectancy of six months or less.
Call today to speak with an experienced Florida Medicare Supplement Plan A insurance broker to compare Medicare Supplement Plans and:
- Receive free no obligation Medicare supplement insurance plan quotes
- Compare Medicare supplement insurance plans
- Choose the from the best Medicare supplement insurance plan prices available.